Don't Forget to Look Down! A Look at Antique Carpets in the Marketplace - Live Webinar
Tuesday, Jun 13, 2023
1-2 PM EST
Course Registration $25.00 Members
Elisabeth Parker, AAA will give an in-depth look at the current market for antique carpets focusing on examples from Persia (Iran), Turkey, the Caucasus, India, China and Europe. Examples from auctions from the last five years will be used to discuss qualities that matter: age, rarity, condition, provenance, design and type.
Can't attend the live webinar? An on-demand recording will be made available to all registrants.
1 CE Credit
A Mughal Carpet
Kashmir or Lahore, India, circa 1650
Christie's London, 27 October 2022, lot 200
Sold for 5,442,000 GPB ($6,296,400)
Photo courtesy of Christie's
Elisabeth Parker, AAA is an independent consultant and appraiser who has worked in the field of rugs and carpets for thirty years. Specializing in carpets from
Iran, Turkey, India, China, the Caucasus, and Europe, Ms. Parker advises private clients and institutions on purchases and selling opportunities, as well as working with insurance companies and advisors on damage and loss claims. Between 1996 and 2017, Ms. Parker was Vice President, Senior Specialist and International Head of the Rugs and Carpets department at Christie’s Rockefeller Center.
A long-time member and current President of the Hajji Baba Club, Ms. Parker has lectured widely on carpets and appeared as a guest specialist on The Antiques Roadshow from 1999-2002. She is currently on the Board of The Textile Museum at George Washington University. She has contributed articles to the premier carpet publication Hali Magazine, as well as to Rug Insider and Cover.
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Artists in Exile Women Surrealists in Mexico
- On Demand Contemporary Western Art
- On Demand Fifty shades of Grade: The Past, Present and Future of Professional Assessment
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - The Art Market After Covid 19 A Radical Break?
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Recent Developments in the Art Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Perspectives on the Furniture and Decorative Arts Market