The Principles of Celebrity Value
Course Registration $25.00 General Admission
Laura Woolley, AAA
Owner and President, The Collector's Lab
1 CE credits
This is a recording of a session held live on November 9, 2020.
Betty Krulik Fine Art, Limited
Laura Woolley attended New York University, receiving a bachelor's degree in art history. She worked at Sotheby’s Auction house in New York from 1997 to 2001 in the company’s Collectibles department, participating in the sale of film posters, antique toys, as well as Hollywood and Rock-n-Roll memorabilia. She left Sotheby’s to study at The London School of Economics where she earned a master's degree in new media and information systems. She returned to the United States as the Chief Operating Officer of Julien’s Auction house in Los Angeles, where she helped the company build its live auction business, managing sales of Barbra Streisand, Marilyn Monroe, Cher, and Michael Jackson, in addition to a full schedule of entertainment memorabilia and charity sales. As an independent appraiser she is a Certified Member of the Appraiser's Association of America, and founded her own company, The Collector's Lab, in 2007, with the goal of providing individualized, high-level professional and appraisal services to private collectors, institutions, insurance companies, museums, and wealth management professionals. She has continued to work on a number of high-profile auctions for Bette Midler, Les Paul, Ringo Starr, and most recently the Bill Wyman Rolling Stones Archive; she also works with a long list of high-profile estates, individuals, and institutions in her private practice.
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - The Art Market After Covid 19 A Radical Break?
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Recent Developments in the Art Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Perspectives on the Furniture and Decorative Arts Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Artists in Exile Women Surrealists in Mexico
- On Demand Contemporary Western Art
- On Demand Fifty shades of Grade: The Past, Present and Future of Professional Assessment