Understanding Spousal Rights at Death - On Demand
Course Registration $25.00 Members
For better or worse, marriages and marital agreements oftentimes result in estate and trust litigation. In this program Robert M. Harper, Partner, Farrell Fritz will address the rights, both statutory and contractual, that a surviving spouse may have with respect to a deceased spouse’s estate. Particular attention will be paid to the validity of marital agreements, claims that may arise from them, strategies to avoid litigation concerning marital agreements, and valuation issues that may arise in litigation.
1 CE Credit
This is a recording of a program previously held live on January 31, 2023.
Robert M. Harper, Partner, Farrell Fritz, concentrates in trust and estate-related litigation in Surrogate’s Court and Supreme Court. His practice includes probate contests, accounting proceedings, discovery and turnover proceedings, guardianship proceedings, and trust invalidation proceedings. He is also a frequent contributor to Farrell Fritz’s New York Trusts & Estates Litigation blog. In addition to his work at Farrell Fritz, Rob is a special professor of law at Hofstra University School of Law. He also coaches Hofstra’s moot court teams.
- Wednesday, Apr 12, 2023 17th Annual Award Luncheon
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - The Art Market After Covid 19 A Radical Break?
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Recent Developments in the Art Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Perspectives on the Furniture and Decorative Arts Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Artists in Exile Women Surrealists in Mexico
- On Demand Contemporary Western Art