Research Methods for Appraisers | February 2023
Wednesday, Feb 8 - Thursday, Feb 16, 2023
February 8, 9, 15, and 16, 2023 | 4-6:30pm EST each day / 1-3:30pm PT each day
Course Registration $350.00 Associates, Candidates, and Members
Taught by Certified Member Susan McDonough, AAA, the Research Methods for Appraisers course is conducted online in real time. A short multiple choice exam is administered on the last day of class.
Proper research and methodology ("due diligence") is key when conducting appraisals. This course will give you a foundation in appraisal research methods and tools. These tools enable an appraiser to research a work of art or an object, determine the appropriate market for comparables, write a narrative analysis, and assign a value. We will explore the libraries, museums, reference centers, and galleries, as well as specific books and price guides that can be invaluable resources to appraisers. Real life appraisal problems will be addressed, giving you a broad exposure to standards and methodologies in use within the field.
Attendance is required at all four meetings for credit. Access to a computer with a microphone, speakers, and a strong Internet connection is required. A headset is strongly recommended.
Changes or cancellations to your registration must be made at least 5 business days prior to the start of the course. Changes after this are subject to a $50 cancellation fee. All courses require a minimum of 5 attendees to run.
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - The Art Market After Covid 19 A Radical Break?
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Recent Developments in the Art Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Perspectives on the Furniture and Decorative Arts Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Artists in Exile Women Surrealists in Mexico
- On Demand Contemporary Western Art
- On Demand Fifty shades of Grade: The Past, Present and Future of Professional Assessment