Of Value: 2022 National Conference Breakout: Native American Art: The Current State of a Shifting Field
Course Registration $40.00 Member
$40.00 General Admission
The arts produced within the multitude of Native North American cultures are enormously rich and diverse. Likewise, the field of collecting is complex, nuanced, ever-changing and today, culturally and politically charged. This presentation will provide an overview of historical Native cultures, patterns of collecting, issues of connoisseurship and cultural sensitivity, current market dynamics, and the challenges facing appraisers in establishing fair market values.
Gaylord Torrence, Curator Emeritus of American Indian Art, The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City
1 CE Credit
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - The Art Market After Covid 19 A Radical Break?
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Recent Developments in the Art Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Perspectives on the Furniture and Decorative Arts Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Artists in Exile Women Surrealists in Mexico
- On Demand Contemporary Western Art
- On Demand Fifty shades of Grade: The Past, Present and Future of Professional Assessment